The Office of the Ombudsman is an organisational member of three international bodies and two African bodies and as Regional Vice President: Africa of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI), I am a director on the Board of Directors of the IOI.
What does IOI stand for?
IOI stands for International Ombudsman Institute (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOI
We have 95 other meanings of IOI in our Acronym Attic
- Innovative Online Industries
- Institute of Informatics (various locations)
- Integrated Operating Instruction (specifically, how to start up or shut down a nuclear power plant)
- Inter-Ocular Impact (hits you right between the eyes)
- Interest on Investment (finance)
- Interim Operating Instructions
- Internal Operating Income
- Internal Operating Instruction
- International Ocean Institute
- International Olympiad in Informatics
- Interonset Interval (music composition)
- Interuniversitair Oogheelkundig Instituut (Dutch)
- Island of Ireland
- Israel Opportunity Investor (blog)
- Item of Inspection
- Item of Interest
- Items of Importance
- International Outcome Inventory for Hearing Aids
- International Oceans Institute - Pacific Islands
- Illinois Office of Internal Audit
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the International Ombudsman Institute, public sector Ombudsman offices were not instituted in other countries until the twentieth century, when they were adopted in other Scandinavian countries (Finland in 1919; Denmark in 1955; and, Norway in 1962).
He is author of The Ombudsman Plan, recipient of an award from the International Ombudsman Institute, and past President of the Canadian Study of Parliament Group.