LeT was a signatory member of the International Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders proclaimed by Bin Laden in February 1998 in Afghanistan.
What does IIF stand for?
IIF stands for International Islamic Front
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IIF
We have 79 other meanings of IIF in our Acronym Attic
- Indirect Immunofluorescence
- Industrial and Infrastructure Fund Investment Corporation (Japan)
- Information in Identifiable Form
- Informix Internet Foundation
- Innovation Investment Fund (investment supporting R&D new technology/science ventures)
- Input Interface
- Institute of International Finance
- Interest Income Fund
- Internal Improvement Fund (Florida)
- Internal Interception Function (telecommunications)
- Interworking Interoperability Function
- Intuit Interchange Format
- Investors Iraq Forum
- Iraqi Intervention Forces
- Irish Insurance Federation
- Islamic Information Foundation
- Imagery Interpretation Facility (Marine Corps)
- Invasion Inhibiting Factor 2
- Inazawa International Friendship Association (Aichi, Japan)
- Indian International Film Award (Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is also spokesman for the UK-based International Islamic Front, which has links to Middle East Islamic terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas.
Obeidat says the 28 also belonged to another Bin Laden group called the International Islamic Front, whose goal is to fight Jews and Christians.
It is the mouthpiece of the International Islamic Front and bin Laden, who was behind the bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which prompted Clinton's missile strikes.
Bin Laden has espoused the Palestinian cause since he and other Arab militants formed the International Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders in February 1998, but the emphasis has been increased since 11 September 2001.
And he claimed the International Islamic Front would launch further strikes against the "infidel Americans" if the US continued to occupy Moslem land and "oppress Moslems in the Gulf and elsewhere".