However, Human Rights Watch and the Harvard Law School's International Human Rights Clinic accuse Jordan of discriminating against refugees.
What does IHRC stand for?
IHRC stands for International Human Rights Clinic (various universities)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHRC
We have 16 other meanings of IHRC in our Acronym Attic
- International Human Rights Advocacy Center (University of Denver; Colorado)
- Iranian Human Rights Activist Groups
- Independent Health Record Bank
- Institute for Human Rights and Business (UK)
- Iowa Highway Research Board (Iowa Department of Transportation; Ames, IA)
- Icelandic Human Rights Center (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- Immigration History Research Center
- Independent Human Rights Commission
- Indian Human Resource Center
- Indiana Horse Racing Commission
- International Human Rights Council (various locations)
- International Hurricane Research Center
- Iranian Human Rights Consortium
- Islamic Human Rights Commission (UK)
- Institutional and Human Resource Capacity Building
- Institute for Human Rights and Development (various locations)
- Institute of Human Resources Development (India)
- International Harm Reduction Development
- International Human Rights Day
- Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (Gambia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Losing Humanity: The Case Against Killer Robots, a report co-published in November by Human Rights Watch and Harvard Law School's International Human Rights Clinic, warns that "some military and robotics experts have predicted that 'killer robots'--fully autonomous weapons that could select and engage targets without human intervention--could be developed within 20 to 30 years.
In a 2011 comprehensive report on the May 2006 events, Harvard Law School's International Human Rights Clinic and the Brazilian Global Justice rights group said: "PCC leaders coordinated their assault in large part as a response to a series of organized shakedowns by the police.
Alongside the daily broadcast of a very realistic soap opera, which takes place during the dictatorship, is the demand for justice by relatives of the 122 victims of the indiscriminate police repression unleashed in May 2006 in the state of Sao Paulo in reprisal for a fierce offensive by drug-trafficking groups NotiSur, May 26, 2006 and the publication of a joint investigation by the nongovernmental organization (NGO) Justica Global and the International Human Rights Clinic (IHRC), part of the Human Rights Program at the Harvard Law School, regarding those events.
A new report by the International Human Rights Clinic at Willamette University cites gaps in the state's efforts to reduce trafficking, especially of children.
The study was written by Bonnie Docherty, of the Harvard Law School's International Human Rights Clinic.
In October 2009, Tyler Giannini from Harvard University's International Human Rights Clinic and Sarah Knuckey of the Center for Human Rights and Global Justice at New York University testified before Canada's Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development about the serious human rights abuses associated with the mine's security forces including rapes, gang rapes, physical assault and killings (Mining Watch Canada, 2010).
A May report by the International Human Rights Clinic at Harvard Law School, commissioned by eminent former judges such as Patricia Wald of the United States and Richard Goldstone of South Africa, compellingly laid out sufficient evidence of the junta's crimes against humanity to justify a U.