By extrapolating current findings for the EGP across the human genome for an estimated 24,000 genes (Ewing and Green 2000; International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium 2004; Lander et al.
What does IHGSC stand for?
IHGSC stands for International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Indian Handicrafts & Gifts Fair (India)
- Institut Hrvatske Glazbene Industrije (Croatian: Croatian Institute of Music Industry; Zagreb, Croatia)
- Interact Holdings Group, Inc.
- Indian Hills General Improvement District (Carson City, NV)
- Immortalized Human Gingival Keratinocyte (microbiology)
- Instituut Heilig Graf Kinrooi (Belgium)
- International Human Genome Project
- Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies (UK School of Family Histories)
- Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies (UK)
- International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium
- Institute for Human Gene Therapy
- Incredibly Huge Galactic War Fleet (Garfield's Nine Lives)
- Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism (sexual development)
- Independent Holiday Hostels in Ireland
- Indian Hedgehog (chromosome)
- Inner Harbour Hospital (Douglasville, GA)
- Insani Yardim Vakfi (Turkish: Humanitarian Foundation)
- Institute for Health and Healing (California Pacific Medical Center)
- Institute for Hispanic Health (National Council for La Raza)
- Integris Heart Hospital (Oklahoma City, OK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reference (1) The International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium (2001).
The project was conducted by the International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium, which included the National Human Genome Research Institute and the Department of Energy.