Cumberland was the first geographer to be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand, and he also served as Vice President of the International Geographical Union.
What does IGU stand for?
IGU stands for International Geographical Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IGU
We have 15 other meanings of IGU in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Geophysics Tehran University (Iran)
- Institute of Geology at Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- International Good Templar Youth Federation
- I Give Up
- I Got U
- Iguassu Falls, Parana, Brazil (Airport Code)
- Income Generating Unit (various organizations)
- Indian Geophysical Union
- Insulated Glass Units (windows)
- International Gas Union
- International Goodwill and Understanding (Soroptomist International)
- Internationale Gruppe für Umweltstudien (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Industrial Gas User's Association (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- International Guards Union of America
- Independent Group of Unix-Alikes and Network Activists (Belgium)
- Indira Gandhi University of Agriculture and Technology (India)
- Information Gained per Unit Cost
- Institute of Geography, University of Copenhagen
- Instituto Geofísico da Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- Intergraph GeoSpatial Users Community
Samples in periodicals archive:
It brought together more than 500 GIS experts representing Arab and international organizations including Kuwait Geographical Society (KGS) and the International Geographical Union (IGU).
He told the International Geographical Union that waves in excess of 65ft, capable of moving a five-ton rock, occurred more than 100 times a year in the north Atlantic and added that 100-ton rocks have been moved about at more than 40ft above sea level.