Much of this is due to the reluctance of women possessing international driving licenses to get behind the wheel and challenge society by simply driving.
What does IDL stand for?
IDL stands for International Driving License
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IDL
We have 135 other meanings of IDL in our Acronym Attic
- Interface Definition Language (CORBA)
- Interface Description Language
- Interface Design Language
- Interfacility Data Link
- Interference Detection and Location technology
- Interim Data Link
- Intermediate Density Lipoprotein
- Intermodal Distribution Lane
- International Date Line
- International Distance Learning (various schools)
- Internet Definition Language
- Interoperable Data Link
- Intra-Day Limit (regulations; India)
- Iowa Digital Library (University of Iowa)
- Intersite Delivery List/Schedule
- Interface Description Language to Service Description Language Translator
- Idaho Digital Learning Academy (Boise, ID)
- Illinois Deaf Latino Association (Chicago, IL)
- Illinois Dental Laboratory Association (est. 1946; Naperville, IL)
- IMPAC (Integrated Control Systems, Inc.) Dublin Literary Award (Dublin, Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It actually turns out that an international driving license is valid for one year of your residency, not your date of arrival.
The "Women2Drive" campaign has been staged online, via Facebook and Twitter, calling on women who hold international driving licenses to start driving on Saudi roads.
The counter also offers additional travel-related services such as insurance, car hire, issuing international driving licenses as well as complete holiday packages.
UAE driving license holders can use the Golden Class service to effortlessly obtain an international driving license, providing only their valid license and two passport sized photographs.
The validity period for foreign international driving licenses has been specified as one year from the date the holder enters the Kingdom.
We all know that a lot of people visit Dubai on Visit Visa and these people are allowed to drive a vehicle if they have an international driving license even if they are from a country where the driving rules are totally different from the UAE, however the people from the same country are not allowed to drive if they are on a resident visa, which is a bit unfair.