00 Hardcover GF90 This reference is the product of ten years of study under the auspices of the Land Use/Cover Change (LUCC) project carried out by the International Council of Scientific Unions, in conjunction with related projects by other scientific organizations, including NASA, LUCC China, and the Global Observation of Forest and Land Cover Dynamics, among others.
What does ICSUS stand for?
ICSUS stands for International Council of Scientific Unions (Paris, France; est. 1931)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Coating Science and Technology Symposium
- Idaho Commons and Student Union (University of Idaho; Moscow, ID)
- Integrated Channel Service Unit
- Integrated Combat Systems University (martial arts; Victorville, CA)
- Integrated Commissioning and Start Up (oil exploration)
- Interactive Compilation System Upgrade
- Internal Channel Service Unit
- International Council for Science
- International Council of Scientific Unions (also seen as CIUC)
- ICSU (International Council for Science) World Data System
- Internal Carotid Systolic Velocity (vascular medicine)
- International Congress on Sound and Vibration
- Intestinal Contents Supernatant Viscosity (digestion)
- International Centre for the Study of Violence and Abuse
- Institute for Clinical Social Work (Chicago, IL)
- International Center for Spirit at Work (est. 1993; East Haven, CT)
- International Commission on Surface Water
- International Committee on Seafarers’ Welfare
- International Council on Social Welfare
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women (Des Moines, IA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1982 he was appointed by the International Council of Scientific Unions (ICSU) to serve as President of CODATA, the ICSU Committee on Data for Science and Technology.
He died in 1962, having been elected President of the International Council of Scientific Unions the year before.
Twenty-one national delegates, three representatives from the EEC, one from the World Health Organization, and one from the International Council of Scientific Unions joined summit chairman Professor Glauco Tocchini-Valentini for the five-day meeting.
Their report was adopted last summer by the Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) of the International Council of Scientific Unions, and the final numbers appear in CODATA "Bulletin 63,' recently published by Pergamon Press, Inc.
Whole-world study embraced When it met last month in Berne, Switzerland, the International Council of Scientific Unions formally launched an interdisciplinary research program aimed at studying the earth, and the life it supports, as a whole system.
The committee's recommendations are going to the International Council of Scientific Unions, which, according to the report, is considering implementing an IGBP.
Three months later, SCOPE's parent organization, the Paris-based International Council of Scientific Unions (of which the U.