In this category are institutions like the International Labour Organization, the International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, the International Council for Science, the International Organization for Standardization, and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
What does ICSU stand for?
ICSU stands for International Council for Science
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICSU
We have 15 other meanings of ICSU in our Acronym Attic
- Institutul de Cercetare Stiintifica si Tehnologica Multidisciplinara (Romanian: Scientific and Technological Institute of Multidisciplinary Research)
- International Conference on Systems Thinking in Management
- International Conference on Solvo-Thermal Reactions
- International Coating Science and Technology Symposium
- Idaho Commons and Student Union (University of Idaho; Moscow, ID)
- Integrated Channel Service Unit
- Integrated Combat Systems University (martial arts; Victorville, CA)
- Integrated Commissioning and Start Up (oil exploration)
- Interactive Compilation System Upgrade
- Internal Channel Service Unit
- International Council of Scientific Unions (also seen as CIUC)
- ICSU (International Council for Science) World Data System
- International Council of Scientific Unions (Paris, France; est. 1931)
- Internal Carotid Systolic Velocity (vascular medicine)
- International Congress on Sound and Vibration
- Intestinal Contents Supernatant Viscosity (digestion)
- International Centre for the Study of Violence and Abuse
- Institute for Clinical Social Work (Chicago, IL)
- International Center for Spirit at Work (est. 1993; East Haven, CT)
- International Commission on Surface Water
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prominent attendees include International Council for Science (ICSU) Secretariat Executive Director D.
SCAR is an interdisciplinary committee of the International Council for Science charged with facilitating and coordinating international scientific research in the Antarctic region.
The focal point of the meeting was a well-received talk on "Chemistry in Asia" by Goverdhan Mehta of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the incoming president of the International Council for Science.
IUGS also serves as a vital link in solving problems requiring interdisciplinary input from other international scientific unions operating under the aegis of the International Council for Science (ICSU).
The study was conducted at NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Lab, with the results presented at a recent symposium of the UN's Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and the International Council for Science.
China is already a constructive member of international organizations ranging from the International Council for Science to UNESCO.