But the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD), a group of public- and private-sector organizations concerned with the building and maintenance of dams, has reservations about the process involved in securing the consent of people affected by dams.
What does ICOLD stand for?
ICOLD stands for International Commission on Large Dams
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of ICOLD in our Acronym Attic
- International Conference on Outsourcing of Information Services
- International Court of Justice
- Islamic Circle of Japan
- illegal consumption of liquor
- International College of Languages (various locations)
- Italian Commission for Oceanography and Limnology
- International Conference on Optics and Laser Applications
- International Coalition of Library Consortia
- International Conference on Language Contact
- Islamic Center of Las Cruces (Las Cruces, NM)
- Indiana Council on Outdoor Lighting Education
- Intertemporal Cost-of-Living Index
- Industry Cooperative for Ozone Layer Protection (now Industry Cooperative for Environmental Leadership)
- International Cooperative for Ozone Layer Protection
- International Conference on Laser Spectroscopy
- International Corporation of Lost Structures
- Improved Conventional Mine
- Indiana Commendation Medal
- Input, Control, Output, & Mechanism
- Integrated Communications
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wolfgang Pircher, former president of the International Commission on Large Dams, warned in 1992 that the industry faced "a serious general counter-movement that has already succeeded in reducing the prestige of dam engineering in the public eye, and it is starting to make work difficult for our profession.