International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) is known as consortium of consortia.
What does IOCLC stand for?
IOCLC stands for International Coalition of Library Consortia
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Institute of Organic Chemistry (Ukraine)
- International Order of Christian Hermetics
- International Organization for Cooperation in Health Care
- I/O Channel Check
- I/O Channel Ready
- Ignitor Oil Cock Interlock
- Imperial Office of Criminal Investigations (Star Wars)
- Indian Ocean Climate Initiative (Australia)
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (aka IndianOil)
- Intra-Operative Colonic Lavage (colorectal medicine)
- International Organization for Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Imaging Object Change Management (radiology)
- Integrated Ocean and Coastal Mapping
- Interim Operational Contamination Monitor (NASA)
- Intra-Oceanic Convergent Margin (plate tectonics)
- International Online Community Management Association
- International Olympic Committee Medical Commission
- Integrated Office Campus Network (Sprint)
- Imperial Oil Company
- Input-Output Conformance
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ARL warning came in the wake of a statement by the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) predicting "a significant, prolonged and widespread cuts in budget levels for libraries and consortia".
In Europe the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC), the European ICOLC, and Electronic Information for Libraries (eIFL) have had very important roles in promoting cooperation between libraries and in promoting consortium development and licensing.
It also monitors international developments in this area and liaises with the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) to bring the best possible solutions to its members.
Researchers, vendor representatives, librarians, and others have worked collaboratively over the last several years through such entities as the International Standards Organization (ISO), NISO, the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC), and the Information Institute in the School of Information Studies at Florida State University to solicit library, vendor, and consortia compliance to key data elements regarding databases, online journals, and e-books.
For example, the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) aggregates the consortia themselves--through meetings with vendors, development of policy statements, and multi-consortial licenses--and is becoming a force in the field.