International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD): Enables sustainable and resilient development through knowledge transfer and regional cooperation to support equitable livelihoods and improved well-being for the people of the greater Himalayas.
What does ICIMOD stand for?
ICIMOD stands for International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (Nepal)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ICIMOD in our Acronym Attic
- Individual Control Intake Manifold
- Installations Corporate Information Management (US DoD)
- Integrated Continuous Improvement Methodology (Value Chain Group)
- Intelligent Communications Interface Module
- Interactive Computer Integrated Manufacturing (software)
- Internetowe Centra Informacji Multimedialnej (Polish: Internet Multimedia Information Center; Katowice, Poland)
- Institute of Cybernetics, Mathematics & Physics
- Instituto de Cibernetica Matematica y Fisica (Spanish: Institute of Cybernetics, Mathematics and Physics; Cuba)
- Institute for Certified Investment Management Consultants
- International Conference on Information Management and Engineering
- International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection
- Integrated Civilian Industrial Mobilization Planning Process (US FEMA)
- In-Cloud Ice Mixing Ratio (meteorology)
- Intelligent Control and Integration of Manufacturing Systems
- Internet Collaborative Information Management Systems
- International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Technologies
- International Conference on Intelligence in Networks
- Interuniversitair Cardiologisch Instituut Nederland (Dutch: Interuniversity Cardiology Institute Netherlands)
- Interuniversity Cardiology Institute of the Netherlands (Utrecht, Netherlands)
- Intracoronary Injection of Nicotine (cardiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1983, the eight nations of the extended Himalaya region Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan founded the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) as a platform for regional cooperation.
CARIAA's consortium on the Himalayan river basins is led by the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) based in Kathmandu.
The partners inaugurated this state-of-the-art regional monitoring system, known as SERVIR-Himalaya, at the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development in Kathmandu, Nepal, on Oct.
Pema Gyamtsho, an agriculture resources policy specialist at the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development in Kathmandu, stressed the important role that livestock plays in maintaining environmental health in hard-to-read high Himalaya regions.
Lead executing agency: International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) in collaboration with International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) Nepal and other national & international organizations (TERI-India, BCAS-Bangladesh, Altera-WUR-The Netherlands, etc.
Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST), Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF), Pakistan Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) have jointly chalked out a series of events at PMNH, Garden Avenue, Shakarparian, Islamabad, to celebrate IDB in an effective way for creating awareness among the masses and students about the significance of Biodiversity.