The International Campaign to Ban Landmines said in 2011 four governments laid mines, versus just Syria in 2012 (AFP/File, Awad Awad) (AFP) -- Geneva-- The Syrian regime was the only government in the world to lay new landmines this year, campaigners said Thursday as they issued an annual report on the use and effect of the devastating weapons.
What does ICBLM stand for?
ICBLM stands for International Campaign to Ban Landmines
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ICBLM in our Acronym Attic
- Internationale Christliche Botschaft Jerusalem (International Christian Embassy Jerusalem)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank (China)
- Institute for Computer Based Learning (UK)
- Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited
- International Campaign to Ban Landmines
- International Conference on the Bioscience of Lipids (est. 1953)
- Investigative Case-Based Learning (teaching method)
- Irish Credit Bureau LTD
- International Council for Breaking the Language Barrier
- Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics (Pilsen, Czech Republic)
- Incoming Cash By Mail (direct mail coupons; Columbus, Ohio)
- Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota
- Installation Core Business Model
- Institut für Chemie und Biologie des Meeres (German: institute for sea chemistry and biology)
- Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas (Spanish: Institute of Biomedical Sciences; Chile)
- Intel Chip Based Mac
- Inter Client Basic Message (AOL's OSCAR protocol)
- Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
- International Charismatic Bible Ministries
- International Conference on Business and Management (Social Sciences Research Society)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Government forces led by the former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi who was captured and slain a year ago after a conflict that brought to an end his 42-year rule, laid thousands of landmines during last year's conflict, drawing from a stockpile that is believed to number in the hundreds of thousands, Human Rights Watch, HRW, said on the 20th anniversary of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), which it co-founded.
examines the role of non-governmental organizations, in particular those comprising the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), in partnership with mid-size states and international agencies, in driving the political momentum necessary for widespread adoption of the Mine Ban Treaty in the face of opposition by major states such as the United States.
Banning Cluster Munitions: Government Policy and Practice, ISBN 978-097389554-4, 288 pages, published in May 2009 by Mines Action Canada; a joint project of Human Rights Watch, Landmine Action, Landmine Monitor, International Campaign to Ban Landmines, and Cluster Munition Coalition.
Last year alone, landmines caused 5,197 casualties worldwide, a third of them children, according to the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL).
Landmines are known to have caused 5,197 casualties last year, a third of them children, according to the Nobel prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines.
Byline: Dalila Mahdawi Summary: Despite not signing the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty, Lebanon has made considerable progress on mine clearance operations in recent years and appears to be moving closer to signing the treaty, a report by the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) has said.