Summary: At its meeting in Washington last week the Public Interest Oversight Board approved the appointment of Mr Paul Koster, Chief Executive of the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) as a member of an influential advisory board of two key international accounting bodies, the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and the International Ethics Standards Board (IESB).
What does IAASB stand for?
IAASB stands for International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of IAASB in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Auctioneers and Appraisers in Scotland
- Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services
- Integration as a Service (form of Software as a Service)
- International Association for Ambulatory Surgery (est. 1995)
- International Association for Astronomical Studies (Denver, Colorado)
- International Association of Agricultural Students
- International Association of Students in Agriculture and Related Sciences
- Inland Aquaculture Association of South Australia (South Australia, Australia)
- Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (Kildare, Ireland, UK)
- Itasca Alliance Against Sexual Assault (Grand Rapids, MN)
- Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (Vandalia Illinois)
- International Academy of Aviation and Space Medicine
- International Alumni Association of Scuola Mattei
- International Association of Airport and Seaport Police
- International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (Netherlands)
- International Association of Applied Social Scientists (now Certified Consultants International)
- International Association of Survey Statisticians (Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia; University of Latvia)
- International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology for Development (conference)
- Institut Atlantique d'Aménagement du Territoire (French: Atlantic Institute of Spatial Planning)
- Internal Audit and Assessment Team (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To address concerns over the clarity, length and complexity of generally accepted auditing standards, all auditing standards are being redrafted over the next three years to a format that clearly identifies objectives, relevant definitions, requirements, and application material As part of the ASB's convergence with the standards of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board, proposed statements on auditing standards will be redrafted using a corresponding International Standard on Auditing as the basis.
It will do this by * Acting as the profession's voice on auditing standards related to audits of nonissuers and when commenting on the proposed standards of other auditing standard setters, such as the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB).
To promote greater comprehension of a user's understanding of the nature of a financial statement audit or the level of assurance that can be derived from an audit, the AICPA, the American Accounting Association and the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board have joined forces to launch a research initiative that will provide a better understanding of users' perceptions of an unqualified auditor's report.
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) approved International Standard on Auditing 230 (Revised), Audit Documentation.
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants recently released ISA 300, Planning an Audit of Financial Statements.
The AICPA, the American Accounting Association and the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board have joined forces to launch a research initiative that will provide a better understanding of users' perceptions of the financial statement audit and the auditor's report.
The standards set by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB--an independent standard-setting body under the auspices of the IFAC) and the IFAC Ethics Committee also have been updated and made more specific.