insurance industry says a subcommittee of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors continues to encourage countries to favor a subsidiary structure--a move the industry claims limits freedom of organization.
What does IAIS stand for?
IAIS stands for International Association of Insurance Supervisors
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IAIS
We have 33 other meanings of IAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Applied International Research (Russia)
- International Academy for Intercultural Research (est. 1997; Hilo, HI)
- International Association of Insolvency Regulators (est. 1995; various locations)
- International Association of Insurance and Reinsurance Intermediaries (Russia)
- Intragastric Alcohol Infusion Rat Model
- International Artist in Residence Programme (Guernsey)
- I Am I Said (Neil Diamond)
- Improved Avionics Intermediate Shop
- Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies (University of Exeter; Exeter, Devon, UK)
- Inter-Agency Information Sharing
- Iowa Interstate Railroad System
- Irish American Information Service
- International Association for the Integrational Study of Language and Communication
- Indiana Association of Integrative Therapies
- Institut Agama Islam Tribakti (Indonesian Islamic institute)
- International Academy of Information Technology
- International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers
- Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom
- Indiana American Indian Theatre Company (est. 2000)
- International Association of Information Technology Lawyers (Denmark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We commend the IMF for its objective assessment and its recommendation for Brazil to comply with certain fundamental Insurance Core Principles as set forth by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors.
The regulatory agenda is increasingly set at a global level and the DFSA is well represented on all three standard-setting bodies - the Basel Committee, International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS).
International Association of Insurance Supervisors principal administrator Peter van den Broeke has also confirmed his participation in the opening keynote plenary session of METF 2012.
Taipei, June 13, 2012 (CENS) -- Chairman Xiang Junpo of the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) will reportedly visit Taiwan next year to attend the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) Conference, which will be held in Taiwan for the first time.
The details of the changes are as follows: Mary Frances Monroe - Director, Policy, Research and Risk department Mary Frances and her team will continue to be responsible for the Authority's policy development and research functions, and its policy-related contributions to key decision-making bodies such as the International Association of Insurance Supervisors.
Beyond the Non-Admitted Reinsurance Reform Act and the Neal bill, captive industry leaders are keeping a dose watch on amendments to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Solvency II, and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors, which is looking at how captives should be treated globally.
The International Association of Insurance Supervisors has been considering group solvency margin regulations in a bid to put forward a draft framework by 2013.