90s 1993 Disgraced Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was today banned for life by International Amateur Athletic Federation after being tested positive for drugs for the second time in his career.
What does IAAF stand for?
IAAF stands for International Amateur Athletic Federation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAAF
We have 19 other meanings of IAAF in our Acronym Attic
- International Auto Aftermarket Expo (Japan)
- Iowa Alliance for Arts Education
- Iowa Association of Alternative Education
- Institute for African American ECulture
- International Association for the Advancement of Ethnology and Eugenics
- International Association for Accounting Education and Research
- Illinois Arts Alliance Foundation (Chicago, IL)
- Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs
- Informative Arts Art Foundation
- International African American Festivals
- International Association of Athletics Federations
- Indian Academy of Advertising Film Art (awards)
- Indian Amateur Australian Football Association
- Inter-American Air Forces Academy
- Iowa Academy of Family Physicians (Des Moines, IA)
- Iterative Amplitude Adapted Fourier Transform Algorithm (meteorology)
- Industry Accounting and Auditing Guide
- Infrastructure Assurance Advisory Group
- Inproved Australian Acoustic Generator
- Institut für Allgemeine und Angewandte Geologie (German)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1995, Al Moutawakel became a council member of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) and three years later, she became a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Senior Government figures were due to meet Lamine Diack, the all-powerful head of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF), to try to persuade him to accept Sheffield as an alternative.
The International Amateur Athletic Federation do not recognise the distance for world record purposes, and it is understood the Scot's mark in the United States was achieved on a downhill course.
Thomas had to sweat it out before hearing whether he would be permitted by the International Amateur Athletic Federation to run over 400 metres at the championships.
But the International Amateur Athletic Federation reinstated the Englishman under their "exceptional circumstance" rule, citing his efforts to educate others about the danger of using food supplements.
J Hunter, husband of United States sprint star Marion Jones, has tested positive for steroids, the International Amateur Athletic Federation confirmed today.