The i-gel is indicated by the manufacturers for "securing and maintaining a patent airway in routine and emergency anaesthetics of fasted patients, during spontaneous or intermittent positive pressure ventilation, and during resuscitation of the unconscious patient, by personnel who are suitably trained and experienced in the use of airway management techniques and devices" (11).
What does IPPV stand for?
IPPV stands for Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPPV
- Intangible Personal Property Tax
- Integrated Process and Product Team
- Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association
- International Pilot Project for Technology Co-operation
- Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks Copyrights in a Nutshell (book)
- l'Initiative Pays Pauvre Très Endetté (French: Highly Indebted Poor Countries)
- International Pulp Paper & Tissue Forum
- Integrated Product and Process Teams
- Impulse Pay-Per-View
- Interactive Pay Per View
- Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Indiana Partnership to Prevent Violent Injury and Death
- In the Presence of Positive Women (Concord, NH)
- International Planetary Probe Workshop
- Isolated Pyloric Pressure Wave (gastroenterology)
- Improving Program Quality (Washington Regional Action Project)
- Incoming Product Quality
- Ingegneria Prodotto Qualità
- initial parts qualification
- Instituto Portugues da Qualidade (Portugese)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Determinants of effective ventilation during nasal intermittent positive pressure ventilation.
The Bang machine itself did not stay in production in the new era of improved ventilators, which followed the great intermittent positive pressure ventilation (IPPV) success, mostly per manual-IPPV (2,3), at the Blegdam Hospital, Copenhagen.