The use of positive pressure devices has been part of physiotherapy intervention since intermittent positive pressure breathing was introduced in clinical practice (Motley and Werko 1947).
What does IPPB stand for?
IPPB stands for Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPPB
- Initial Production Parts Advanced Approval Request
- International Partnership for Premiums and Gifts
- Independent Power Producers Association of India
- International Public Policy and Management (University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA)
- Independent Power Producers' Association Nepal (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Institute for Particle Physics and Astrophysics (now Institute for Particle, Nuclear and Astronomical Sciences; Virginia Tech)
- Instituto Português do Património Arquitectónico (Portugal)
- International Physical Protection Advisory Service
- Intellectual Property Promotion Association of Thailand (formerly Intellectual Property Alumni Association)
- Inmate Placement Program Branch (US DOJ)
- Intermittent Pulmonary Positive Pressure Breathing
- International Program on Plant Bioassays (est. 1992)
- Independent Power Producers Association of British Columbia
- Integrated Personnel Planning & Budgeting System
- Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchange
- Infrastructure Payments and Progress Committee
- Integrated Plant Protection Center (Oregon State University)
- Integrated Policy Prevention Control
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the first 1-5 postoperative days, patients spent up to 120 minutes doing incentive spirometry, up to 720 minutes doing continuous positive airway pressure, up to 120 minutes doing intermittent positive pressure breathing, and up to 120 minutes on the various physical therapies.