This caused an oil fire, which led to the release of the intermediate pressure turbine disc.
What does I-P stand for?
I-P stands for Intermediate Pressure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 112 other meanings of I-P in our Acronym Attic
- Infinity Modulator (Star Trek)
- Idle Mode
- Integrated-MOUT (Miltary Operations on Urbanized Terrain) Training System (US Army)
- Internal-Network to Network Interface (ITU-T)
- Inducible Form of Nitric-Oxide Synthase
- International Nano-Optoelectronics Workshop
- Intake minus Output
- Intelligent-Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer
- Interface for PC (Personal Computer)-to-Arcade Controls
- [not an acronym] Pre-Paid, Electronic Toll Payment Method for Toll Roads and Bridges (Illinois)
- Improved Projection Approximation Subspace Tracking with Deflation (algorithm)
- Interim-Pager Alert Warning System (Army)
- Information Protocol Data Unit
- Integrated Private Network-to-Network Interface
- Integrated Point-of-Maintenance Execution (various organizations)
- Individual Soldier's Portal (into the Synthetic Battlefield)
- Incapacitation Prediction for Readiness in Expeditionary Domains - an Integrated Computational Tool (US Office of Naval Research)
- Industry Pharmacogenomics Working Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each 400 MW unit comprises a high-pressure turbine (150 bar, 510AC), a two-flow intermediate pressure turbine (40 bar, 460AC), and a 497 MVA hydrogen-cooled generator with static excitation.
Industry sources say the failure, which is believed to have been uncontained, occurred in early August on a production 'Package A' model Trent 1000 engine that will power early 787-8 aircraft for launch customer All Nippon Airways, and has been initially traced to the single-stage intermediate pressure (IP) turbine.
5 million contract to carry out the construction of an intermediate pressure gas pipeline between the two towns of Cardross and Helensburgh in Argyll and Bute for gas pipeline operator Scotland Gas Networks.