If we neglect serum intermediate density lipoprotein (IDL) and lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] concentrations, we can write non-HDL cholesterol=LDL cholesterol + VLDL cholesterol .
What does IDL stand for?
IDL stands for Intermediate Density Lipoprotein
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IDL
We have 135 other meanings of IDL in our Acronym Attic
- Interactive Data Language
- Interactive Development Language
- Interactive Distance Learning
- Interconnect Description Language
- Interface Definition Language (CORBA)
- Interface Description Language
- Interface Design Language
- Interfacility Data Link
- Interference Detection and Location technology
- Interim Data Link
- Intermodal Distribution Lane
- International Date Line
- International Distance Learning (various schools)
- International Driving License
- Internet Definition Language
- Interoperable Data Link
- Intra-Day Limit (regulations; India)
- Iowa Digital Library (University of Iowa)
- Intersite Delivery List/Schedule
- Interface Description Language to Service Description Language Translator
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to high plasma TG and low HDL-C concentrations (6, 7), at least three classes of TG-rich lipoproteins are both atherogenic and associated with increased CHD risk, including intermediate density lipoprotein (IDL; a TG-rich remnant product derived from VLDL metabolism) (8, 9), VLDL, (the dense VLDL subclass) (10, 11), and TG-rich chylomicron remnants (8,12,13).