Students, researchers, and practitioners can read about such aspects as advanced algorithms for land use and cover classification, generating digital elevation models from satellite interferometric synthetic aperture radar, assessing urbanization patterns and trends in the Gulf of Mexico region of the southeast US with Landsat and night-time lights imagery, estimating and mapping forest leaf area index using satellite imagery, advanced geospatial techniques for mapping and monitoring invasive species, and mapping marine oil spills from space.
What does InSAR stand for?
InSAR stands for Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (measures post-earthquake displacments)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of InSAR
- International Network for Safety Assurance of Fuel Manufacturers (nuclear safety)
- International Symposium on Agrometeorology and Food Security
- International Nuclear Safety Advisory Group
- Ingenieria en Sistemas de Automatizacion Industrial CA (Caracas, Venezuela)
- Indian Society of Agricultural Information Technology
- Instituto Nacional de La Salud (Spanish government health body)
- International Society for Agricultural Meteorology
- Institute for Sustainable Agriculture Nepal
- Institute of Strategic Analysis and Planning
- Institute of Strategic Analysis and Policy Research (Malaysia)
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Search and Rescue Advisory Group
- Integrated Safety Assessment of Research Reactors
- Indian National Small Arms System
- Indian National Satellite
- Indian Students Association of Tallahassee (Tallahassee, FL)
- Information Network for Science and Technology (Guyana)
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie (Tunis, Tunisia)
- Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology (UK)
- Interim Shipyard Availability
Samples in periodicals archive:
Urban Infrastructure Monitoring Using Spaceborne Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar Techniques, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Space Technology, August 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece *** (2008) http://www.
The second edition adds sections on airborne lidar for land surveys, airborne gamma ray spectroscopy, and interferometric synthetic aperture radar.