163(a), a taxpayer can deduct such interest only if he or she is liable for the debt.
What does I/O stand for?
I/O stands for Interest Only
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of I/O
We have 16 other meanings of I/O in our Acronym Attic
- In Out
- Inboard/Outboard (engine inboard, drive unit outboard)
- Income/Outcome (game)
- Industrial/Organizational (psychology)
- Information Operations Division (Army Software Engineering Center)
- Innie/Outtie (belly button)
- Insertion Order
- Instead Of
- Instrument Operator (land surveying)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A taxpayer will be considered to have a tax avoidance motive in respect of a participating interest only if it is reasonable to conclude that one of the main reasons for acquiring, holding or having the interest was tax savings or deferral.
A taxpayer will be considered to have a tax avoidance motive in respect of the acquisition of a participating interest only if it is reasonable to conclude that one of the main reasons for acquiring the interest was Canadian tax savings or deferral.
Thus, if a person is considered a construction owner of a partnership interest only if the family attribution rules were applied more than once, that person is not a constructive owner of the interest.
5) Furthermore, unlike section 263A(f), former section 189 provided for capitalization of interest only with regard to the construction period of "real property.
52) Thus, any pre-1983 payment of assessed interest would be an overpayment of assessed interest only to the extent such payment exceeded the assessed interest owed, including the restricted interest.