Fifteen alarms sounded and more than 750 firefighters responded when the hijacked planes struck the towers, said Chief Robert Ingram, branch chief for weapons of mass destruction at the New York City Fire Department and chairman of the InterAgency Board for Equipment Standardization.
What does IAB stand for?
IAB stands for Interagency Board (Equipment Standardization and InterOperability)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IAB
We have 141 other meanings of IAB in our Acronym Attic
- Information Assurance Bulletins
- Innovation Advisory Board
- Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (German: Federal Institute for Job Research)
- Institute for Advanced Biosciences (Keio University; Japan)
- Institute of Arctic Biology (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Instituto dos Arquitetos do Brasil (Brazil)
- Intake Air Bypass
- Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Interagency Advisory Board
- Interagency Airtanker Board (National Interagency Aviation Council)
- Internal Affairs Bureau
- International Abstracting Board
- International Accounting Bulletin (publication)
- International Arrivals Building (airports)
- International Association of Bioethics
- International Association of Book-Keepers
- International Association of Broadcasting
- Internet Activities Board
- Internet Advertising Board
- Internet Advertising Bureau
Samples in periodicals archive:
He suggested an interagency board might be established to look at whether new agencywide or interagency vehicles should be established and whether existing ones should be renewed.
The Interagency Board for Equipment Standardization and Interoperability (LAB) was established in 1998 by the Department of Justice and the Department of Defense as a local and state working group to develop and publish a standardized equipment list for response organizations.