A new generation of inter-city express trains will come into service from 2016 and we are supporting investment in in-cab signalling which will allow more trains to operate per mile of track.
What does ICE stand for?
ICE stands for Inter-City Express
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ICE
We have 783 other meanings of ICE in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Customer Evaluation
- Integrity, Commitment and Excellence
- Intellectual, Cultural and Educational
- Intelligence and Community Engagement (police training)
- Intelligence Center Europe
- Intelligence Community Engineering
- Intelligence Concept Extraction
- Intelligent Content Engine
- Intensive Course in English
- Inter City Express (Germany)
- Interaction and Concurrency Experience (workshop)
- Interactive Configurable Environment (OSIsoft)
- Interactive Connectivity Establishment (network protocol)
- Interactive Constructive Environment
- Interactive Customer Evaluation
- Interactive Internet Collaborative Environment (Insoft)
- Interactivity Connectivity Establishment
- Interbank Currency Exchange (Belarus)
- Intercambio Científico Educacional (Cuba)
- InterCity Express (Deutsche Bahn AG)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He left on an Inter-City express accompanied by his wife and fellow sleeping car attendant, Joe Lanazaas, from Bayswater in London, who had dragged Mr.
It was struck by the Newcastle to London GNER inter-city express carrying about 100 people which was derailed and which then collided with a freight train driven by Mr Dunn.
The THSRC, a private consortium of Taiwanese companies, is expected to decide by the end of September whether to use the Eurotrain, which combines German Inter-City Express (ICE) power cars made by Siemens AG and coaches of France's Train-a-Grande-Vitesse (TGV) built by Alstom, or Japan's Shinkansen bullet train.
The inspection follows German authorities' expression of a view that wheel damage may have caused the derailment of an Inter-City Express (ICE) train Wednesday in Eschede, northern Germany.
The crash happened after a Great Western Inter-City express from Swansea to Paddington hurtled into a freight train crossing its path.