3 million contribution to Organization of American States for Cuba transition and civil society support programs under the Inter-American Democratic Charter.
What does IADC stand for?
IADC stands for Inter-American Democratic Charter
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IADC
We have 40 other meanings of IADC in our Acronym Attic
- International Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- International American Duplicate Bridge Club (UK)
- Israel Association for the Dissemination of Biblical Writings (publisher of the Hebrew-English Bible)
- Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center
- Indo Argyle Diamond Council
- Induced After Death Communication
- Inter-Agency Defense Command (Wonder Woman cartoon)
- Inter-Agency Space Debris Coordination Committee
- Inter-American Defense College
- Inter-American Defense Conference
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- International Association of Dredging Companies
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- International Automobile Driver's Club
- International Aviation Development Corporation
- International Association of Drilling Contractors, North Sea Chapter
- Indiana Animal Damage Control Association (Woodburn, IN)
- Infectious Animal Disease Control Act (emergency preparedness; Estonia)
- Insurance Advertising Compliance Association (Tampa, FL)
- Interim Air Defense Control Facility
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] OAS Secretary General Jose Miguel Insulza spoke about the role of the Inter-American Democratic Charter on strengthening democracy in the continent, calling it "the program of the democratic republic.
The OAS points to many successful Summit of the Americas initiatives through the years, ranging from big ideas--most notably the Inter-American Democratic Charter, adopted in 2001--to projects such as the Inter-American Social Protection Network, established in 2009 as a vehicle for sharing strategies to reduce poverty and inequality.
I was never in favor of Cuba's exclusion, but I have to recognize some things: First, it would be harder today [to include Cuba] because of the Inter-American Democratic Charter, which says signatory countries must be democracies with specific characteristics.
Since the conferences were held, there have been historic developments in Peru and Mexico, and the signing of the Inter-American Democratic Charter has committed the member states of the OAS to respect for basic democratic principles.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The tenth anniversary of the Inter-American Democratic Charter provides a good opportunity to reflect on the state of democracy in Latin America.