Evel Fanfan and attorneys from the Seton Hall University School of Law Center for Social Justice have filed a petition before the Washington-based Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on the victims' behalf.
What does IACHR stand for?
IACHR stands for Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IACHR
- International Association of Counseling Hypnotherapists
- International Automated Clearing House (banking)
- Iowa Chapter
- Ireland Army Community Hospital (US Army; Fort Knox, KY)
- Irwin Army Community Hospital (US Army; Fort Riley, Kansas)
- Israeli Association for Classical Homeopathy (Jerusalem, Israel)
- International Arabian Cutting Horse Association
- Institute for Administrators in Catholic Higher Education
- Iranian Association of Chemical Engineers
- Indiana Association of County Highway Engineers and Supervisors (cooperation and efficiency)
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights
- International Association of Crystal Healing Therapists
- Idaho Association of Commerce & Industry
- Industrial Acoustics Company, Inc. (stock symbol)
- International Association for Craniofacial Identification
- Intra-Articular Corticosteroid Injection
- Iran Aircraft Industries
- Irish American Cultural Institute (Morristown, NJ)
- Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance Act (Korea)
- Indiana Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in a resolution adopted by consensus, OAS foreign ministers allowed continued debate on reforming the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR).
Canton, the Executive Secretary of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on behalf of the Rapporteurship of Human Rights Defenders.
As a result, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights reviewed her case and, in early 2011, ruled in favor of Atala's request, referring the case on to the Inter-American Court.
LIMA, PERU * "Impunity for human rights violations constitutes one of the major obstacles to the effective rule of law in the region," the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, a branch of the Organization of American States, said in its 2010 report, released last month.
The Inter-American Court of Human Rights and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights are charged with protecting human rights in the Western Hemisphere.