9bn Intercity Express Programme (IEP) contract with Agility Trains, a consortium led by Hitachi, to build almost 600 new intercity train carriages for the East Coast and Great Western Main Lines.
What does ICE stand for?
ICE stands for InterCity Express (Deutsche Bahn AG)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ICE
We have 781 other meanings of ICE in our Acronym Attic
- Inter-City Express
- Interaction and Concurrency Experience (workshop)
- Interactive Configurable Environment (OSIsoft)
- Interactive Connectivity Establishment (network protocol)
- Interactive Constructive Environment
- Interactive Customer Evaluation
- Interactive Internet Collaborative Environment (Insoft)
- Interactivity Connectivity Establishment
- Interbank Currency Exchange (Belarus)
- Intercambio Científico Educacional (Cuba)
- Intercontinental Exchange
- Interdiction Control Element
- Interdisciplinary Cooperative Education (Indiana)
- Interest, Commission, Extras (lending)
- Interface Configuration Experiment (USML)
- Interface Control Element (Job Entry Subsystem 2; IBM)
- Interfaith Coalition on Energy
- Intergovernmental Committee of Experts (UN Economic Commission for Africa)
- Interleukin-1 Beta-Converting Enzyme (cell physiology)
- Internal Character Encoding
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hitachi will be building 596 new rail vehicles, making 92 5-car and 9-car trains, as part of the Intercity Express Programme (IEP) and they plan to locate their new European manufacturing facility at Amazon Park in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham.
Ross Cunningham has joined Hitachi as depot delivery manager and will have overall responsibility for the development, construction and delivery of the new train depots for the Intercity Express Programme at Newton Aycliffe.
But Rail Minister Theresa Villiers, responding to a Parliamentary question, admitted: "The Department is planning to reach financial close for both Intercity Express and Thameslink in the spring.
The main intercity express line between Berlin and Hamburg remained out of action, after one of the fires knocked out the signal system early Monday.
However, the decision on replacing intercity express trains on the rail network has been deferred.
CAPTION(S): Passengers walk by the German Intercity Express (ICE) high speed train at St Pancras International Train Station
The impact was such that three coaches of the Intercity Express piled up on top of each other.