The court held, inter alia, that because the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress did not apply to the facts in the case, it had no alternative but to affirm the decision of the Court of Appeals.
What does IIED stand for?
IIED stands for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (legal)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IIED
We have 5 other meanings of IIED in our Acronym Attic
- International Intercollegiate Equestrian Association (now International Student Riding Association; Armonk, NY)
- Irish Institute of European Affairs (Dublin, Ireland)
- International Institute of the East Bay (Oakland, CA)
- Inter-Institutional Equipment Committee (advisory body; Hong Kong)
- International Institute for Energy Conservation
- International Institute for Environmental Communication (Charlottesville, VA)
- Iran International Exhibitions Company
- Islamic International Engineering College (Pakistan)
- Isolated Intestinal Epithelial Cells (physiology)
- International Initiative to End Child Labor
- International Institute for Economic Development (London, England, UK)
- International Institute for Environment and Development (UK; aka International Institute for Environmental Development)
- International Institute for Environmental Development (aka International Institute for Environment and Development)
- Institut Interdisciplinaire d'Ethique et des Droits de l'Homme (French)
- Individual Investor Express Delivery Service
- Illinois Institute for Entrepreneurship Education (Chicago, IL)
- Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment (India)
- Indonesian Institute for Energy Economics (est. 1995)
- Institute of Industrial Electronics Engineering (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lawsuit, filed last month in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges breach of contract, unfair business practices and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Mullaney had sought damages under First Amendment and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims.
The Naeem court affirmed a jury verdict for a plaintiff for the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress for outrageous conduct that occurred in the workplace.
He will be deposed in January for a case alleging, among other things, intentional infliction of emotional distress by a Portland parish priest and a parish school principal.