SETTING: A multi-disciplinary intensive care unit of a teaching hospital.
What does ICU stand for?
ICU stands for Intensive Care Unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICU
We have 150 other meanings of ICU in our Acronym Attic
- Implementation Coordination Unit
- Indian Christians United
- Indiana Central University (now University of Indianapolis)
- Industrial and Commercial Union (South Africa)
- Information and Communications University (Daejon, South Korea)
- Information Coordination Unit
- Injection Control Unit
- Inner City Unit (band; UK)
- Instruction Cache Unit (CPU)
- Instrumentation Control Unit
- Interactive Chart Utility (IBM)
- Interface Control Unit
- Interface Coordination Unit
- Interim Control Unit
- International Chemistry Union (Los Angeles, CA)
- International Christian University (Tokyo, Japan)
- International Communist Union
- International Components for Unicode
- International Conference on Ultra-Wideband (IEEE)
- International Cycling Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
On admission to the intensive care unit, physical examination showed abdominal guarding and a body temperature of 39.
Researchers at the Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium decided to test the effects of strictly controlling blood sugar in more than 1,500 people in the surgical intensive care unit (ICU).
Dedicated exclusively to the care of children and families, Children's Hospital will house both in-patient and diagnostic services, including a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), and floors dedicated to specialized services such as cardiology, neurology, oncology, and surgery.