On April 8 The Weather Channel's Weather Services International (WSI) says it too expects another active hurricane season, with 16 named storms, nine hurricanes, and five intense hurricanes expected.
What does IH stand for?
IH stands for Intense Hurricane
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IH
We have 27 other meanings of IH in our Acronym Attic
- Inert Head
- Infectious Hepatitis
- Információs Hivatal (Information Office, Hungary; since 1989)
- Information Highway
- Inguinal Hernia
- Initial Heading
- Inner Housing
- Institute of Hydrology (UK)
- Instituti I Hitorisë (Albanian: Institute of History in Kosova)
- Integrated Humanities (schools)
- Intercomputer Handler
- Intermediate Host (life cycle of parasites)
- Intermittent Hypoxia
- International Harvester
- International House (world organisation)
- Interstate Highway
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Industrial Hygiene and Hazardous Material
- International Hotel and Motel Educational Exposition
- International Hotel & Restaurant Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
2011 was also an extreme year for the United States as they suffered through a combination of exceptional and severe weather events including a series of devastating tornadoes, record-breaking high temperatures and an intense hurricane season, including Hurricane Irene in August 2011.
The team's outlook calls for 12 named storms to form in the Atlantic, with two expected to become intense hurricanes, during the June 1 to Nov.
Weather may also be a limiting factor: so far, few turbines have experienced intense hurricanes.
and the most famous proponent of the claim that man-made global warming is causing more frequent and intense hurricanes.
The spring forecast of 17 named storms, 9 hurricanes and 5 intense hurricanes was lowered in September to 15, 7 and 4.