The report said speed sensors also failed as speed displayed on the left primary flight display was "inconsistent" with those on the integrated standby instrument system (ISIS).
What does ISIS stand for?
ISIS stands for Integrated Standby Instrument System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISIS
We have 264 other meanings of ISIS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for the Study of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Institute of Science in Society (UK)
- Integrated Safeguards Information System
- Integrated Security and Identification System
- Integrated Ship Information System
- Integrated Shipboard Information Systems
- Integrated Signals Intelligence System
- Integrated Software for Imagers and Spectrometers (planetary mission graphics)
- Integrated Staff Information System
- Integrated Standards Information System
- Integrated Stored Information System
- Integrated Strike & Interceptor System
- Integrated Submarine Imaging System (US Navy)
- Integrated Systems for Installation Support
- Integriertes Statistisches Informationssystem (Vienna, Austria)
- Intelligent Safety Info System (cars)
- Intelligent Searching of Images and Signals
- Intelligent Sensing for Innovative Structures (civil engineering)
- Inter-Service Information Series (various locations)
- Interactive Satellite Image Server
Samples in periodicals archive:
The order follows reports of two instances of intermittent loss of information on the captain and first officer's primary flight display and integrated standby instrument system display, the FAA said.
The suite includes GE's Integrated Standby Instrument System (ISIS), which provides a single box solution for standby instrumentation.
23, 2004 Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) have selected the Smiths Aerospace integrated standby instrument system (ISIS) for the KT-1 Turbo Prop Trainer.
In addition to the mission display processor, Smiths Aerospace will supply the following systems, with the entire program value in excess of $250 million: -- Flight management system including the communications management unit and the terrain awareness warning system (integrated onto a single PowerPC) (Michigan) -- Multi-function control displays (Michigan) -- Integrated standby instrument system (Cheltenham) -- Flight data recorder/cockpit voice recorder (Michigan) -- Aircraft interface unit (Cheltenham) -- Mission display processor including digital map (Michigan, Maryland) John Ferrie, Smiths Aerospace Group Managing Director commented, "This is a new and exciting technology where we are providing a truly integrated systems approach for the C-130 AMP avionics.
Bombardier Learjet 60 - certified integrated standby instrument system (ISIS) The Federal Aviation Administration has granted Type Certification for the Smiths Aerospace integrated standby instrument system (ISIS) for the Bombardier Learjet 60 midsize business jet.
In addition to the MDP, Smiths Aerospace will supply the following systems, with the entire program value over $250 million: -- Flight Management System including the Communications Management Unit and the Terrain Awareness Warning System -- Multi-Function Control Displays -- Integrated Standby Instrument System -- Flight Data Recorder/Cockpit Voice Recorder -- Aircraft Interface Unit -- Mission Display Processor including Digital Map -- Electrical Power Generation Control & Conversion including the Generator Control Unit, Bus Switch Unit and Regulated/Transformer Rectifier Unit (R/TRU(TM)).