The team studied fossilised plankton and sediment characteristics of cores collected from the seafloor along the Antarctic margin south of Australia in 2010 as part of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP).
What does IODP stand for?
IODP stands for Integrated Ocean Drilling Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IODP
We have 1 other meaning of IODP in our Acronym Attic
- I/O Definition File
- Input/Output Dependence Graph
- Institute of Directors in Ireland (Ireland)
- Input/Output Data Lines (integrated circuit memory components)
- International Open and Distance Learning (conference)
- Indian Optical Disc Manufacturers Association (India)
- Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index
- Input/Output Device Number (computer technology)
- Incremental Operations Design Panel
- Integrated and Open Development Platform (AVL)
- International Organizations and Diplomatic Privileges Ordinance (Hong Kong)
- International Optical Disc Replicators Association (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Ilford Operatic & Dramatic Society (UK)
- Input/Output Data Specification (Ground Data Processing System)
- Institute of Dermatology, Singapore
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa
- International Organisation Development South Africa
- Institute of Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change (Japan)
- Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit
- Interoperability Development Testing (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In late summer 2004, the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP) initiated the ACEX (IODP Expedition 302; Backman et al.
Researchers with the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program used a drill to bore a 1,416 meter (4,644 foot)-deep hole in the Atlantic Ocean's rocky seafloor.
But it will be replaced by something even more ambitious: In October 2003, Japan and the United States inked an agreement formally creating the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP).
Now, the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP) has literally got to the bottom of what the Eocene Antarctic was like, dropping a drilling rig through 4km of water off Wilkes Land on Antarctica's eastern coast.
I also thank NWO for their continued support of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP).