But because computational technologies promise to support new ways of discovering relationships and asking questions in large, heterogeneous collections, the fact that these materials co-exist in an integrated digital library is more important than their mere digitization, because users can exploit the suite of tools available there: automatically generated citation links between primary sources and secondary literature; contextual linking; spatio-temporal visualization tools; sophisticated search and retrieval utilities, and others (Crane et al 2000).
What does IDL stand for?
IDL stands for Integrated Digital Library
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IDL
We have 135 other meanings of IDL in our Acronym Attic
- Index to Dental Literature
- Indirect Labor
- Infantry Division, Light
- Infectious Diseases Laboratory (various locations)
- Infectious Diseases of Livestock
- Inmate Day Labor
- Inner Dispersal Loop (Oklahoma Department of Transporatation)
- Input Data Line
- Instructional Design and Learning
- Instrument Detection Limit
- Intelligent Database Language
- Intelligent Definition Language
- Inter Layer Dielectric
- Inter-chip Digital Link (Motorola)
- Interactive Data Language
- Interactive Development Language
- Interactive Distance Learning
- Interconnect Description Language
- Interface Definition Language (CORBA)
- Interface Description Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
A third major investigation resulted in the publication of Designing and Building Integrated Digital Library Systems: Guidelines by Bente Dahl Rathje, Margaret McGrory, Carol Pollitt, and Paivi Voutilainen (2005).