KQ: 094840), a leading global supplier of fingerprint recognition technology and systems, announced today that the company's RealScan-D dual fingerprint live scanner tested in full compliance and received certification from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for the agency's Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) Image Quality Specification (IQS) Appendix F standards.
What does IAFAS stand for?
IAFAS stands for Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (US FBI)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Office of Information for the Armed Forces
- Indian Academy of Fine Arts
- Information Appliance Forum Asia (annual)
- International Amateur Football Association
- International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts
- Internet Anonymous FTP Archives
- Iraq-America Freedom Alliance (goodwill organization)
- Irish Accounting and Finance Association (Athlone, Ireland)
- International Association of Fine Art Digital Printmakers
- International Association of Filipino Allergists & Immunologists (Crescent Springs, KY)
- Institute of Agricultural and Food Biotechnology (Poland)
- Intermediate Air Frames Bulletin
- International Assemblies of the First Born (church)
- International Association for Biometrics (formerly Association for Biometrics; Washington, DC)
- It.Arti.Fumetti.Bonelli (Italian newsgroup)
- Investment Agriculture Foundation of British Columbia (Canada)
- Ikatan Ahli Fisika Bangunan Indonesia (Indonesian: Association of the Indonesian Building Physics)
- Illinois Action for Children (Chicago, IL)
- Interim Airframe Change
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
Samples in periodicals archive:
Customs and Border Protection agents identified and arrested 23,502 individuals with criminal records nationwide with the aid of the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System from September 2004 to November 2004.
In 1999, the FBI implemented the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS)--a computerized system for storing, comparing, and exchanging fingerprint data in a digital format.
The system captures fingerprints of applicants and transmits the images to the Office of Personnel Management which then submits the image for search against the FBI's Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System database.
 The Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (LAFIS) initiative of the FBI promises radical improvement in the processing of fingerprints Under the IAFIS concept of operations, booking agencies electronically submit fingerprints of arrest subjects to the appropriate state identification bureau (SIB).
Funds could also be used to award grants to states for use, in conjunction with local governments, other states, (or combinations) to establish, develop, update, or upgrade: computerized identification systems that are compatible and integrated with the databases of the National Crime Information Center of the FBI; ballistics identification programs that are compatible and integrated with the Drugfire Program of the FBI; the capability to analyze DNA in a forensic laboratory in ways that are compatible and integrated with the combined FBI DNA Identification System (CODIS); and automated fingerprint identifications systems that are compatible and integrated with the FBI's Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS).