MALD-J adds a jamming capability to the current decoy function of the MALD that disrupts enemy integrated air defense systems using jamming and radar signature technology," said Harry Schulte, vice president of Air Warfare Systems for Raytheon Missile Systems.
What does IADS stand for?
IADS stands for Integrated Air Defense System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IADS
We have 15 other meanings of IADS in our Acronym Attic
- International Association for Dental Research
- Iowa Association for Dispute Resolution (est. 1994)
- Internet Address Dispute Resolution Committee
- International Autoimmune Disease Research Foundation
- International Association of Dive Rescue Specialists
- Interagency Alternative Dispute Resolution Working Group
- Icelandic Air Defense System
- Integrated Access Devices
- Integrated Air Defence System
- Integrated Air Defense Simulation (US DoD)
- Integrated Audio Distribution System
- Interactive Analysis and Display Software (military mission control centers)
- Interactive Analysis and Display System
- Interactive Authoring and Display System
- International Affective Digitized Sounds (auditory stimuli research)
- International Agricultural Development Service (New York, USA)
- International Association of Dental Students
- International Alliance of Dietary/Food Supplement Associations
- Intra-Aortic Digital Subtraction Angiography (cardiology)
- Intra-Abdominal Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The battery is a quick reaction force, commonly known as the Deployable Integrated Air Defense System (DIADS) Minimum Deployment Package (MDP).
Welsh has stressed the importance of the Plan for Long-term Cooperation between the Air Force of Bulgaria and the USA and the Air Policing tasks within NATO's integrated air defense system.
Russia's 102nd Military Base has been deployed in Gyumri since 1995 as part of a CIS integrated air defense system.
A modern Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) is a network of early warning radars, not individual-threat surface-to-air missiles.
Defeating the North Vietnamese integrated air defense system was addressed through a multi-phase approach that involved developing a dedicated EW aircraft (the EA-6A and later EA-6B), developing tactics, techniques, and procedures at Naval Fighter Weapons School (Topgun) schoolhouse, and commodity-based development of EW systems in PMA253.
Land provided direct support to air with long-range suppression of enemy air defense (SEAD) fires and indirectly by rolling up portions of the enemy integrated air defense system (IADS) as a by-product of rapid, combined arms maneuver.
The plan then tasked B-52Hs, loaded Conventional Air Launched Cruise Missiles, and the COMPASS CALL EC-130Hs to suppress the "enemy's" Integrated Air Defense System.