Additional NLM emphasis has been placed on related initiatives on Integrated Academic Information Management Systems (IAIMS)(14) (Lorenzi, 1992; Anderson & Fuller, 1992) and the development of the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) (Humphreys, 1993; Hattery, 1992; Siegel, 1987).
What does IAIMS stand for?
IAIMS stands for Integrated Academic Information Management Systems (National Library of Medicine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAIMS
We have 1 other meaning of IAIMS in our Acronym Attic
- I Am in Love (Internet slang)
- iAssist Innovations Labs (India)
- International Alliance for Information Literacy
- International Association of Investigative Locksmiths
- Industrial Alliance Investment Management Inc. (Canada)
- Industrial Applications of Informatics and Microsystems (University of Karlsruhe; Germany)
- International Academy for Information Management
- International Association of Infant Massage (Sweden)
- Irish Association of Investment Managers (est. 1986)
- International Association of Infant Massage Instructors
- Integrated Advanced Information Management System
- IAIN And Info-Net
- Institut Agama Islam Negeri (Indonesian: State Institute of Islamic Studies)
- International Aerospace Information Network
- International Association of Institutes of Navigation
- International Art Investigation Organisation
- Information Analysis and Infrastructure Protection (US Department of Homeland Security )
- Intelligence Analysis and Infrastructure Protection (terrorism risk modeling)
- International Academy of Investigative Professionals (Des Moines, IA)
- International Agricultural Internship Program (USDA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Strengthening hospital access to national information sources through resource grants to small hospital libraries, support for the Integrated Academic Information Management Systems (IAIMS) program, and participation in the emerging national electronic communications networks.
Interest in the field of medical informatics, as well as the National Library of Medicine's promotion of its Integrated Academic Information Management Systems (IAIMS) initiative in the 1980s, has brought information issues to the forefront in many health sciences institutions.