They used myths and misrepresentations about abortion procedures to defend their decision and uphold a prohibition on intact dilation and extraction abortion.
What does IDX stand for?
IDX stands for Intact Dilation and Extraction (type of abortion)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IDX
We have 6 other meanings of IDX in our Acronym Attic
- Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform
- I Don't Want to Know
- I Don't Want to Miss A Thing
- I Disagree With This Post (message-board sites)
- I Don't Want to Spoil the Party (Beatles song)
- I Disagree With You
- I Don't Want You Back
- Improved Dispersed Explosives
- Index (File Name Extension)
- Industry Data Exchange (software)
- Integrated Digital Exchange
- Interior Design Expert (software)
- International Data Exchange (real estate)
- Internet Data Exchange (MLS real estate)
- Intrusion Detection Exchange Protocol (IETF)
- Instant Dry Yeast (foodstuff)
- International Diabetes Youth Ambassadors
- Indian Defence Yearbook
- Iringa Development of Youth Disabled and Children (Tanzania)
- Iraqi Democratic Youth Federation (Iraq)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supreme Court endorsed this strategy of demonizing women in order to disenfranchise them when it upheld the federal ban on intact dilation and extraction, a rarely used method of abortion.
The latest attempt to ban the intact dilation and extraction procedure--called "partial birth abortion" by its critics--has become law in Michigan, but is likely to be challenged in court before it ever takes effect.
D & X: "No entries found" * Framing the debate For many of those [normally pro-abortion] senators, the issue was sealed years ago when abortion opponents coined the term "partial birth" for a procedure that doctors call intact dilation and extraction.
His comment implied that all of them had been deliberately dishonest about the frequency and reasons that procedures like intact dilation and extraction -- the medical terminology for what pro-lifers call "partial-birth abortions" -- are performed.
Neither side discussed alternatives to intact dilation and extraction that can sound equally gruesome, such as internal dismemberment of the fetus.
No matter what your position on intact dilation and extraction - the medical name for the procedure opponents call partial-birth abortion - everyone loses if the Justice Department is allowed to undermine the privacy of personal medical records.