Thermal interruption is an important consideration when using insulated glass units, which commonly use a metal spacing material that can act as a thermal bridge, potentially exposing the curtain wall framing to exterior temperatures," the spokesman explains.
What does IGU stand for?
IGU stands for Insulated Glass Units (windows)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IGU
We have 15 other meanings of IGU in our Acronym Attic
- Intravenous Glucose Tolerance Test (endocrinology)
- Invasively Growing Trophoblastic Tumor (oncology)
- Institute of Geophysics Tehran University (Iran)
- Institute of Geology at Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- International Good Templar Youth Federation
- I Give Up
- I Got U
- Iguassu Falls, Parana, Brazil (Airport Code)
- Income Generating Unit (various organizations)
- Indian Geophysical Union
- International Gas Union
- International Geographical Union
- International Goodwill and Understanding (Soroptomist International)
- Internationale Gruppe für Umweltstudien (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Industrial Gas User's Association (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- International Guards Union of America
- Independent Group of Unix-Alikes and Network Activists (Belgium)
- Indira Gandhi University of Agriculture and Technology (India)
- Information Gained per Unit Cost
- Institute of Geography, University of Copenhagen
Samples in periodicals archive:
Emirates Glass completed the delivery of EmiTherm sealed insulated glass units comprising of 8mm Emicool Plus NE270 Grey outer pane and 17.
The thermal code as instituted by Bahrain's Electricity Distribution Directorate for glazing is the most stringent in the whole of the GCC region, one of the reasons why insulated glass units have light transmittance not exceeding 15 per cent but with little or no control on internal reflectance.
The new windows are painted aluminum with thermally broken flames and include clear insulated glass units.