Mr Clark, who runs Key Business Improvement and chairs the Institute of Quality Assurance Deming Special Interest Group, will be holding a workshop for Birminghambased businesses on Wednesday at City Spirit in St Paul's Square.
What does IQA stand for?
IQA stands for Institute of Quality Assurance (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IQA
We have 35 other meanings of IQA in our Acronym Attic
- Irrelevant Question (polygraphy)
- Issue Queue
- United States miscellaneous Pacific Islands Outlying Areas (including Kingman Reef)
- ISQED (International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design) Quality Award (est. 2007)
- Inverse Quantization and Inverse Zig-Zag Ordering
- Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Performance Qualification (validation of equipment)
- Image Quality Analysis (software)
- Incoming Quality Audit
- Independent Quality Assurance
- Installation Quality Audit
- Intercollegiate Quidditch Association
- Internal Quality Audit
- International Qualifications Assessment (various locations)
- International Quality Associates (Portland, OR)
- International Quality Assurance (various locations)
- International Quidditch Association (fictional sport group)
- International Quilt Association
- International Quizzing Association (est. 2004)
- Internationale Quellensteuer Abkommen (German: Source International Tax Agreements; Switzerland and UK)
- Indianapolis Quality Assurance Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Clark, who runs Key Business Improvement and chairs the Institute of Quality Assurance Deming Special InterestGroup, said: "The post-war success of Japan is largely based on their acceptance of Dem-ing's work and their willingness to stop production to sort out quality issues.
She is a member of the Irish Management Institute and the Institute of Quality Assurance.
The trust was singled out by the Institute of Quality Assurance to take the action, which ultimately aims to help health managers to save money and improve the quality of health services offered to patients.