For decades, the team at the Institute of Noetic Sciences has conducted research, created educational programs, and engaged in conversations on transformations in consciousness.
What does IONS stand for?
IONS stands for Institute of Noetic Sciences
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IONS
We have 7 other meanings of IONS in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Illinois Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Internal Organization of the Network Layer (OSI)
- I Don't Know
- Integrated On-Demand Network Order Entry
- International Organization Nonproliferation Project
- Iron-Oxide Nanoparticle
- Cooperative Activity Ion Printing Technology
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (multi-national conference)
- Information Operations, Networks & Space (US Army)
- Institute of Oceanography, Nova Scotia
- INTEX (Intercontinental Chemical Transport Experiment) Ozonesonde Network Study
- Isolated Old Neutron Stars (astronomy)
- Integrated On-Demand Network Service Center
- Intraoperative Nausea and Vomiting
- Idaho Operations Office
- In Our Opinion
- Independent Owner Operator (truck driver)
- Institut für Orgonforschung
- Institut Ochrany Obyvatelstva (Czech: Institute of Protection of the Population; est. 1991)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Institute of Noetic Sciences 101 San Antonio Road Petaluma, CA 94952, USA marilyn@noetic.
com In February 1971 Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell sensed the deliberate plan in the creation of the cosmos and space: for over thirty years he would explore the mystery of human consciousness, leaving NASA to form the Institute of Noetic Sciences and researching a theory that could explain consciousness and science alike.
The following day, IGS joined the New York Society for General Semantics, Friends of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, the Media Ecology Association, and Fordham Communications and Media Studies in hosting a symposium titled "Mind and Consciousness: Understanding / Reconciling / Integrating Symbol Systems and Nervous Systems.
Large-scale studies, which rely on high-speed random-number generators and quicken the pace of volunteers' responses, seem to interfere with any psychokinetic effects, contends a group of psychokinesis researchers led by Dean Radin of the Institute of Noetic Sciences in Petaluma, Calif.