A report released this week by the Institute of Medicine raises this question: Would the federal government be willing to spend more on school lunch programs so that students could have more nutritious meals?
What does IOM stand for?
IOM stands for Institute of Medicine (National Academy of Sciences)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOM
We have 132 other meanings of IOM in our Acronym Attic
- Innovator of the Month (Award)
- Input-Output Multiplexer
- Input/Output Module
- Inspector of Ordnance Machinery (UK)
- Install, Operate and Maintain
- Installation & Operation Manual
- Installation, Operation, and Maintenance (US DoD)
- Institute for Organizational Management (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Institute of Marketing (UK)
- Institute of Materials
- Institute of Metals (Britain)
- Institute of Occupational Medicine
- Institute of Operations Management
- Instruction, Operation and Maintenance
- Integrated Offender Management (UK)
- Integrated Optics Module
- Inter-Office Memorandum
- Internal Office Memo
- Internal Operations Manager
- International One Meter (radio controlled sailing boat)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We have 750 members world-wide and have donated in 2007 to the Myanmar Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever Project and for the establishment of the medical school library of the Institute of Medicine in Yangon.
In 2001, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released the report Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century (Institute of Medicine 2001).
Due to questions raised about HIVNET 012, the groundbreaking study that first showed that single-dose nevirapine could reduce transmission of HIV from infected mothers to their babies, the prestigious Institute of Medicine reviewed the study at the request of the U.
the Institute of Medicine recently assembled a panel of U.
OBRA was the congressional response to a 1986 report by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) that identified premature death, permanent injury, and unnecessary fear and suffering that resulted from inadequate care and abuse of residents during the previous 15-year period.
24: "The Institute of Medicine found that 18,000 Americans die each year because they don't have health insurance.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) found that in so-called "controlled non-heart-beating donation" (NHBD), such a patient would be typically 5 to 55 years old; would have suffered from a severe head injury, but not be 'brain dead'; would not be a drug user or HIV positive; and would be free from hypertension, sepsis or cancer.