Professor Ashley Adamson has won a five-year professorship from the National Institute for Health Research, which will focus on the prevention and treatment of obesity.
What does IHR stand for?
IHR stands for Institute for Health Research (Lancaster University, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHR
We have 69 other meanings of IHR in our Acronym Attic
- I Heart Rummage (Seattle, WA)
- Ideal Home Range (Essen, Germany)
- Ilizarov Hip Reconstruction
- In-Extremis Hostage Rescue
- Incremental Heat Rate (utility industry)
- Indiana Horse Rescue (West Lafayette, IN)
- Inguinal Hernia Repair (surgery)
- Inside Home Recording (podcast)
- Institut d'Histoire de la Réformation (French)
- Institute for Health and Recovery (Cambridge, MA)
- Institute for Historical Research
- Institute for Historical Review (Orange Country, California)
- Institute for Humanities Research (Tempe, AZ)
- Institute of Hearing Research (UK)
- Institute of Human Resources (various locations)
- Integrated Health Records (UK)
- Integrated Hierarchical Representation
- Interhemisphere Ratio
- Internally Heated Resonators
- International Health Regulations
Samples in periodicals archive:
The money was awarded by the National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Research programme.
The Liverpool company, whose equipment is used to kill hospital superbugs, including C difficile, has also won a pounds 99,200 research contract from the NHS National Institute for Health Research.
Yesterday, the Chancellor announced the creation of an NHS National Institute for Health Research and centres of excellence around the country.
LAST MONTH, the Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR), the largest source of public funding for medical research in Canada, released its long-awaited guidelines on the use of embryonic stem cells for research.
A committee of the Canadian Institute for Health Research, a federal agency recently set up in Ottawa by Health Minister Allan Rock, has drafted guidelines approving the use of human embryos in research which allows for human cloning.