In January 2009, Namibia's PEACE Centre began a joint journey with the Institute for Healing of Memories by conducting trauma-healing workshops in Windhoek for former soldiers from both sides of the struggle for liberation, church members, and survivors of gross violations of human rights (and their family members).
What does IHOM stand for?
IHOM stands for Institute for Healing of Memories (Cape Town, South Africa)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Hall of Fame (Command & General Staff College)
- International House of Fonts
- Isshin-Ryu Hall of Fame (Evensville, TN)
- Interagency Helicopter Operations Guide (National Interagency Fire Center)
- International House of Graphics (California)
- International Hummer Owners Group
- I Have on Good Authority
- International House of John (forum)
- Immortalized Human Oral Keratinocyte
- Infostructuur Hoger Onderwijs Limburg (Dutch: Limburg Higher Education Infostructure)
- It Happened One Night (movie)
- Ice Hockey Officials of Northern Connecticut
- Information Hyperlinked Over Proteins
- Internal Heat or Pressure
- International H2O Project
- International House of Pain (slang for sports conditioning)
- International House Of Pancakes (restaurant chain)
- International House of People
- International House of Prayer
- Iowa Hall of Pride (Des Moines, IA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the explosion he has dedicated himself to reconciliation and founded the Institute for Healing of Memories in Cape Town in 1998.
Nowhere is this more apparent than in the work he has been doing since August 1998 when the Institute for Healing of Memories was established in Cape Town with Lapsley as its director.