RESEARCH into how the Schmallenberg virus is spreading in the UK is being undertaken at The Institute for Animal Health (IAH).
What does IAH stand for?
IAH stands for Institute for Animal Health (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAH
We have 56 other meanings of IAH in our Acronym Attic
- International Association of Golf Travel Operators
- Independent Advisory Group on Teenage Pregnancy (United Kingdom)
- If All Goes Well
- Impact Area Groundwater Study Program
- Houston, TX, USA - George Bush Houston Intercontinental (airport code)
- I Am Hydrogen (Phish song)
- Imagine a Horse (Texas)
- In All Honesty
- Inertial Attitude Hold
- Inova Alexandria Hospital (Alexandria, VA)
- Institute for the Arts and Humanities (various locations)
- International Association of Hydrogeologists
- International Association of Hydrologists
- International Association of Hypno-Analysts
- Is Anybody Home? (Our Lady Peace song)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (Naperville, IL)
- Independent Aircraft Handling Association
- Institute for the Advancement of Hawaiian Affairs (est. 1985)
- International Air and Hospitality Academy (Vancouver, WA)
- International Arabian Horse Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers from the Institute for Animal Health (United Kingdom), University of Oxford (United Kingdom), Agricultural Research Council-Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute (South-Africa), Agricultural Research Service, USDA - Foreign Animal Disease Research Unit at Plum Island (United States) and Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health (The Netherlands) have been granted the money by the Wellcome Trust for a 3-year research project.
Leaky drains and a lack of investment were blamed when the deadly virus escaped from the Institute for Animal Health at Pirbright, Surrey.
Inspectors were sent to the site as soon as the leaking valve was discovered on Monday and the farm, shared between Merial and the Institute for Animal Health, was shut.
Byline: Stuart Taylor AN initial report into foot and mouth in Surrey said there was a "strong probability" it began at the Pirbright research site, home to the state-run Institute for Animal Health.
Speaking outside the Pirbright site, which is shared by the Institute for Animal Health (IAH) and Merial Animal Health, he said, "This institute has been around for such a long time, it's an integral part of the village.
Visiting an agricultural show in Cranleigh, Surrey, the Conservative leader David Cameron said: "If it turns out that the virus was released either from the Institute for Animal Health in Pirbright or from the next-door lab at Merial - which, by the way, is inspected and licensed by the Government - it will be astonishing news, because the organisations responsible for stopping things like foot and mouth will effectively be responsible for starting it.
Pirbright's Institute for Animal Health, an international diagnostic laboratory, said a check of records had found "limited use" in its lab of the strain identified in the cattle which were slaughtered once the disease was discovered.