The first is the patient's own recent average respiratory rate, including the ratio of inspiration to expiration and the length of any expiratory pause.
What does I:E stand for?
I:E stands for Inspiration to Expiration (ratio; also seen as I/E)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Information Systems
- Immature to Total (protein ratio)
- Inner Tank
- Item/Test Analysis Program (ACT, Inc.)
- Installation/Table of Distribution and Allowance
- Insert/Update/Delete (databases)
- Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (NSF program for partnership between universities and industry)
- Instantaneous Current/Voltage (also seen as I-V)
- Interpretation/Visitor Services (US National Park Service)
- Interest per Year
- Insulin:glucose (ratio)
- Injector to Producer Ratio (oil production)
- Infamous: Second Son (video game)
- Immature/Total Neutrophil (perinatal medicine)
- Impact = Population x Affluence x Technology (environmental impact)
- I for One
- I Won
- Imperfect 1 (diamonds)
- Ilyushin Il-114 (Russian turboprop airliner)
- Inspection 12 (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cycling from inspiration to expiration can cause a significant dys-synchrony issue.