Moleculartesting is increasingly used in place of immuno-histology or enzymology methods to detect and monitor genetic diseases, including: (1) DNA sequence analysis to detect single nucleotide and insertion/deletion polymorphisms (SNPs and DIPs, respectively, associated with cancers and many other genetic disorders), and (2) DNA fragment analysis to detect and quantify genetic variations.
What does I/D stand for?
I/D stands for Insertion/Deletion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I/D
We have 120 other meanings of I/D in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Circuit
- Inter company
- Investment in Contract
- In/Casino/Out (At the Drive-In music album)
- Installation and Check Out
- Impulsivity and Conduct Problems (behavioral)
- Innervated to Denervated (urine flow ratio)
- Insertion/Deletion Polymorphism of Angiotensin I-Converting Enzyme
- Information/Database Technology Working Group
- Instrumentation and Electrical
- Interior/Exterior (screenwriting; architecture)
- Intervention/Enrichment (education)
- Imaging and Enterprise Document Repository (New York)
- Interactive/Electronic Technical Manuals
- Intelligence/Electronic Warfare
- Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Control System
Samples in periodicals archive:
This technology is completely unbiased - it doesn't care what the insertion/deletion actually is, just whether it's there," said Badge.
An insertion/deletion polymorphism in the angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene accounting for half the variance of serum enzyme levels.
Overall, APEX had a sensitivity of 93% in detecting insertion/deletions, but only 7% in fully identifying their positions and sizes.