The new high-performance SSDs can deliver up to 100 times more Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS) than traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) creating a demand for these controllers, the company said at the time.
What does IOPS stand for?
IOPS stands for Input/Output Operations Per Second (server performance measurement)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOPS
We have 7 other meanings of IOPS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Physics Press (Institute of Physics; Philadelphia, PA)
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- International Oil Pollution Prevention
- International Organization of Performing Poets
- International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate
- Instrumented Overpressure Protection System (petroleum industry)
- Institute of Paranormal Research (UK)
- Indonesian Oil Palm Research Institute (Indonesia)
- International Organisation of Psychomotricty and Relaxation Therapy
- Information Operations Planning System
- Input/Output Per Second
- Institute of Professional Sales
- International Organization of Pension Supervisors
- Internet Official Protocol Standards
- Interorganization Programme for the Sound Management of Chemicals (United Nations)
- Input Output Processing Template
- Integrated Operational Procedures and Timelines
- Integrated Operations Planning Tool (US DoD/US Air Force; Air Force Information Warfare Center)
- Introduction of Process Technology (UK)
- Indicative Optimized Portfolio Value
Samples in periodicals archive:
LSI Corporation have announced it is shipping to OEM customers a new 6Gb/s SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC) IC that more than doubles the RAID 5 random input/output operations per second (IOPS) compared to the previous-generation product.