Several studies have adopted Tobias's (1977, 1986) model of the effects of anxiety on learning and have theorized that foreign language anxiety occurs at each of the following stages: input, processing, and output (MacIntyre & Gardner, 1994b).
What does IPO stand for?
IPO stands for Input, Processing, and Output (requirements of a program)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPO
We have 136 other meanings of IPO in our Acronym Attic
- Industrial Partnership Office
- Industrial Preparedness Operations
- Industrial Property Officer (NASA)
- Industry Portfolio Office (Canada)
- Information Programs Office (US State Department)
- Information Protection Office (USAF)
- Initial Phase Onset
- Initial Public Offering (new stocks)
- Initial Purchase Order (various companies)
- Input Process Output
- Institutional Program Office
- Instituto Português de Oncologia (Portugese: Portugese Institute of Oncology)
- Instrument Project Office
- Instrumental Performing Organization (The Hartt School, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT)
- Integrated Product Ownership (defense program management)
- Integrated Program Office
- Intellectual Property Office
- Intellectual Property Organization
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Washington, DC USA)
- Inter Procedural Optimization (Intel C++ Compiler)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anxiety was assessed using three scales, namely, the Input Anxiety Scale, the Processing Anxiety Scale, and the Output Anxiety Scale, which measure how anxious students feel at the input, processing, and output stages of the foreign language learning process, respectively.