Schools Betrayed: Roots of Failure in Inner-city Education By Kathryn M.
What does ICE stand for?
ICE stands for Inner-City Education (hockey; Chicago, IL)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICE
We have 783 other meanings of ICE in our Acronym Attic
- Information and Consultation of Employees (regulations)
- Information and Content Exchange (W3C protocol)
- Information and Cultural Exchange (Australia)
- Information Center for the Environment (UC-Davis)
- Information Collection and Exchange (US Peace Corps)
- Information Communications Entertainment (industries)
- Information, Communication and Extension (Team)
- Ingenieros Consultores Especialistas (Guatemala)
- Ingenieros Consultores Especializados (Guatemala)
- Inner City Experience (various locations)
- Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Innovations in Chemical Education
- Innovative Clean Energy (various organizations)
- Innovative Cooling Equipment (US DoD)
- Innovative Creations in Entertainment (arcade games)
- Insane Creators Enterprises
- Insertion Communication Equipment
- Insight Control Environment (software)
- Instance Creation Expression
- Instant Capacity Expansion (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two further possibilities would add to the attraction of inner-city education.
At the meeting in the House of Commons, Mr Straw said much of the progress on race relations stemmed from the anti-racism work of inner-city education authorities 15 to 20 years ago.
The problems of inner-city education are staggering: dilapidated facilities, crowded classrooms, demoralized teachers, outdated textbooks and communities ravaged by crime and drugs.
Connecticut state Representatives Tim Barth and James Amann have proposed school choice and vouchers as a means to desegregate the state's schools and improve the quality of inner-city education -- an alternative to the busing proposal advanced by Governor Weicker.