A former Dance Theatre of Harlem soloist, Barnes is founder of The Dance Institute of Washington, known for its outreach to inner city youth.
What does ICY stand for?
ICY stands for Inner City Youth
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICY
We have 16 other meanings of ICY in our Acronym Attic
- External Nucleus of the Inferior Colliculus
- Immune Complex (autoimmune disease)
- Incoming Exchange
- Integrated Components Exchange (DoveBid)
- Inter-Cartridge Exchange
- International Coffee Exchange (Saratoga, CA)
- Internet College Exchange (college search tool)
- Inside Cubi X Cross (spikeboarding)
- International Conference on X-Ray Lasers
- Infant, Child and Youth Programs (Vancouver Coastal Health; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Institute for Colored Youth (est. 1837; now Cheyney University of Pennsylvania)
- International Charter Yachts AB
- International Congress on Yeasts
- Shoutcast/Icecast Protocol (music streaming)
- International Centre for Yogic Arts and Sciences (Canada)
- Ingenieria, Consultoria y Avaluos, SA (Spanish: Engineering, Consulting and Appraisals, SA; Guatemala)
- IASSC (International Association for Six Sigma Certification) Certified Yellow Belt
- International Congress of Young Booksellers
- International Candlepin Youth Bowling Association
- I Cut, You Choose
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 252 pages Black Sheep is a desperately needed wake up call for inner city youths and the professionals who are trying to save them.
Diddy" Combs, who led a highly successful voter registration effort this year among inner city youth, will teach civics and politics.
Finally, Methvin quotes John Cruse, an African-American contractor in Boston, who no longer bids on low-income federal housing work because local union practices allow him to employ only one apprentice for every five journeymen: "That prohibits us from training our neediest inner city youth.
The Salvadori Educational Center on the Built Environment is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to helping inner city youth understand science and mathematics through the hands-on study of their urban environment.