US Marine aviators recently completed the initial operational test and evaluation phase of the APKWS program, firing successfully against stationary and moving targets from AH-1W and UH-1Y helicopters.
What does IOT stand for?
IOT stands for Initial Operational Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IOT
We have 62 other meanings of IOT in our Acronym Attic
- In-Out-Through (MIDI computer protocol)
- Independent Operational Test
- Index-Organized Table
- Indian Oiltanking Limited (Mumbai, India)
- Indiana Office of Technology
- Indirectly Occupied Time (resource planning)
- Inductive Output Tube
- Information Operations Technology
- Ingeniørhøjskolen Odense Teknikum (Danish: Odense University College of Engineering)
- Initial Officer Training (UK Royal Air Force)
- Injectable Opioid Treatment (drug treatment)
- Input/Output Test
- Institut für Oberflächentechnik der Hochschule Zittau/Görlitz (German: Institute for Surface Engineering at the University of Applied Science Zittau/Goerlitz)
- Institut für Organisations- und Technikgestaltung GmbH (German: Institute for organisational and technological design; Gelsenkrichen, Germany)
- Institute for Ocean Technology (Canada)
- Institute of Technology (various locations)
- Institute of Transportation (Taiwan)
- Instrument Operations Team
- Integrated Office Technology Plc (UK)
- Integrated Operator Trainer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The programme is on track for Initial Operational Test and Evaluation in 2013 and Initial Operational Capability in the fleet in 2015, he added.
With the initial production funding released, the Program Manager WINT has started equipment production for its initial operational test in the first quarter of fiscal year 2012.
12/30/2009 The UK government has approved the purchase of the its third Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter that will be used to support initial operational test and evaluation of the type.
The Second Round of Testing The initial operational test and evaluation of the modified BSM was successfully conducted in late 2004, with the system determined by DOT & E to be operationally effective and potentially suitable.
4 Initial Operational Test (IOT) that includes: -- Timing of software development and delivery to the CTSF; -- Plan for interim software drops and testing; -- Testing and certification timelines; -- Plan and schedule for meeting documentation requirements; -- Plan for unit new equipment training programs; -- Plan for unit training, fielding, testing, and operational evaluation assessment, and; -- Fielding Army-wide.